Monday, May 07, 2007

Three Interesting Things For Today

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to meet up with people in a city's square and just strip? Well that is what 18,000 people did today in Mexico city.
Spencer Tunick is an American photographer from Middletown, New York that is known around the world as the Nude Photographer. No, he does not stand around naked taking pictures of things. He does just the opposite, he gathers people from around the world (all whom volunteer their bodies) to be photographed.

I pose the 3 questions to you:

1. Are You Comfortable In The Nude?

2. Would you be comfortable posing nude with thousands of other people?

3. Would you be comfortable being photographed in the nude with thousands of other people?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, then here i is your chance ... apply now.

Before you answer that though maybe I should tell you that all of these people are strictly volunteers. They do this on their own free will. That means they do not get paid or even really get anything, but the self gratification of being nude with strangers. I guess that is not fully true. They do receive a signed photograph and the fact that they are part of history.

_________________________________________________________

I couldn't resist sharing this one with more of the world.

About a year ago I was reading the paper in the waiting room while my car was getting a new set of wheels. I came across an article that just seemed so odd that it couldn't be true, however in this day and age I think anything really is possible (i.e., selling a partial grilled cheese sandwich for thousands that looks like Jesus). I read on to learn that there was a man in Africa that decided to marry a goat! The article didn't give details so until today I had no idea why anyone would or could marry a goat.

Found out about a man and his goat here.
__________________________________________________________

Lastly, I came across a sad article for Ireland. The pub population is decreasing at a rapid rate. They have attributed it to three things.

1. No smokin' in the Pubs since they banned that back in '04.
2. Tougher drink-driving laws (they way they say it...haha gave me a chuckle). Pubs tend to be in remote areas rather than close to home.
3. Times they are a changing for the younger crowd. They are flocking to the larger towns with smarter bars.

I guess that sucks for me when I finally get myself over there. Those were the places that I wanted to visit. I am dying to walk into an Irish pub, order a Guinness and just sit back and listen to the Irish Guy on stage sing a jig!

No comments: