Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Free concert with backstage passes....Okay


A friend offered me his second ticket with backstage pass to check out the Wyclef - Shakira concert last night. I had no idea how much fun it was going to be till I saw our seats! I have to admit I am not a groupie of Shakira, but dang that girl really can sing and dance.

By 7 :15 I was backstage chillin' with a beer and checking out the behind the scenes of the show. By 7:17 I am realizing that back stage of a Wyclef - Shakira concert is not that exciting. We did get to hang out with the band members - minus Shakira and Wyclef (Shakira actually arrived late) and they gave us our own hospitality room too boot! Kind of neat to be able to go back and forth throughout the night as we pleased.

Wyclef and his crew put on a great performance. My only thought was how different the crowd would have been if it were a Fugees concert instead of a Shakira concert. Regardless it was a pretty damn good show. My favorite part of his act was when he rocked a little Hendrix...he even pulled out a little behind the head action and he even mouthed it a bit. He just truly rocked it!

During Wyclef's performance he was all about getting the crowd standing and jump...jump...jumping around...that is until he saw the guy in the section next to us. Yeah you guessed it...the whole arena was jumping around but the 2 peeps in the section next to us. So when this happens what do you think could happen next. Let me tell you. Wyclef stops the show and turns to the guy to see what is problem with standin gup is. Here's how it plays out:

Wyclef:
"I wanna see everyone get out their chairs and start jump...jump...jumping around with your hands in the aaaaiha!" Do you people realize where you are? You're at a Shakira concert now get out your chairs and wave your hands in the aaaih! Whoa..whoa...whow stop the show...STOP THE SHOW...YO! You over there...you gotta problem with standin' up?"

Guy:
"Yeah"

Wyclef as he starts walking up on the guy:
"You can't stand up"


Guy:
"No"


Wyclef:

"Why not you gotta problem or somethin'?"

Guy:

"Yeah, I just had a pendicitis"

Wyclef:
"You mean to tell me you can't stand up b/c you had a pendicitis, but you can drink a beer?"

Yeah so the guy stood up and well Wyclef gave him a personal show right then and there. It was really cool because at that point it was like he was two seats away.

After that Shakira came on and I gotta say her hips really don't lie. She really can shake it while dancing! 90% of the concert was in Spanish, so as you can imagine she had a big Columbian following. The best part was the 6 year old pudge ball that was sitting behind me. He knew every single word of every single line of every single song! He rocked!

I also have to say our seats rocked too b/c not only were we 3 rows from the floor, but we had an up front and personal performance by Wyclef that was shortly followed by and upclose and personal performance by Shakira. Little did we know it, but about half way through her performance we saw the "bubba" of all "bubba" bouncers and stage crew come out to set up a stage infront of us. Shortly there after Shakira shook her way down to us to perform another song.

Check back sometime later this week...as soon as I get my friend's pics and videos I will upload them for your viewing pleasures.

Next potential concert on the list...Aerosmith and Motley Crew

No comments: