Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's official!!!

You are looking at the newest C-card certified diver! Yes, that is right I finished my certification today!

And yes, you may have been privy to the fact that I had some issues with filling and clearing my mask in the past. You may also have been privy to know that every time the day came/comes to suit up and hit the water I manage to get sick the night before. No not praying to the porcelian god kind of sick, but something worse! I get all congested, flemmy...you know your good old fashion type of being sick. The not so fun kind when hitting the open water.

Have no fear and put all that aside though, like I did today, because there wasn't anything keeping me from getting my goofy looking picture taken to cart around with me on vacations.

After I had finished my cert. dive my buddy and I got to take to the open waters on our own. What an advenutre that was. I should tell you my buddy is practically blind without her glasses so it is fun to see her reactions when she finally sees things. Things need to be really close to her face for her to focus on them and at that point she always seems to get cartoon eyes. You know the eyes cartoon characters make when they are so surprised at what they see. Well that is my buddy.

In our first free open dive we navigated around underwater a bit, but mainly it was us trying to figure out what the other was trying to say (in not so many words, if you know what I mean).

We did see a baby lobster, pretty big crab in hiding, and a really large lobster with an injured claw. Other than that it was pretty much seaweed, muscles and a lot of different types of algea.

Lookout warm water b/c I am definitely coming your way soon and can't wait to get rid of the stinken hoodies!

No comments: